Tuesday, June 14, 2005

The Bitch Posse finished!

Last night I finished my first book since going on loopy pain meds in December/January, The Bitch Posse by Martha O'Connor. So exciting! I *LOVE* to read, just a little hard to do when your eyes and mind can't stay in one place for longer than 1 minute.

I thought Martha's use of chapters to switch off between past and present was useful in keeping me not confused. I didn't realize until exactly halfway through the book that the main characters were trading vices. For example, one character would be a cutter in her youth, then one of the other characters was a cutter in her adult life. If I'm not mistaken, this is her subtle way of stating that the three main characters have such a strong bond that they function in life as one person, are blood sisters whose lives are forever intermingled whether they like it or not.

The ending came too quickly. I don't think the character of Rob was developed enough for the ending to turn in such a sharp angle from the rest of the book. It's difficult to describe without spoiling, so I'll just leave it at that.

I'd recommend this book for people who like Judy Blume with a twisted twist, the film The Craft, or stories about teens coming of age similar to the movie Thirteen.

Now I'm off to read the Amazon bundled book, Sex, Murder, and a Double Latte by Kyra Davis!

No comments: