Thursday, July 28, 2005

Why I love John Hughes*

When I came downstairs this morning the cats swarmed me. I turned on the kitchen faucet for Allie then tried to walk to the pantry for Ripley's morning treat, but Georgie was at my feet trying to trip me so that I'd pet her. I looked at her and said, "just a minute, I'm fixing your sister's carrots." Classic! Just popped out of my mouth. (No, Ripley is *not* trying to grow boobies, but thanks for asking.)

Georgie must have understood what I was saying because she walked into the living room and waited patiently for me to finish feeding Ripley her Fancy Feast gourmet crunchies. :)


*John Hughes is the director of Sixteen Candles. The running joke in this movie is that Samantha's mother fixes her carrots to eat at lunchtime because they're supposed to help her develop breasts. Remember?

No comments: