Wednesday, July 27, 2005

rekindled

Two winters ago I came back into contact with a friend from middle and high school. We met for a little social afternoon, just sat and caught up on each other's life, then we parted ways. I haven't seen her since but we've been in less-than-regular email contact ever since. The post about the unfriend kicked my ass into writing back to this friend who I miss very much. We're trying to work out a time where we can get together now that we live in the same state. I don't want another fallout. This friend is genuine. She is super-intelligent so I know she is not just using me for knowledge. So, I have found the good in my unfriendship -- a closer bond to my childhood friend. Life is so mysterious in its ways of giving you waves of goodness to counterbalance the badness.

3 comments:

jules said...

It's nice to reconnect with good friends. It's quality that counts. And sometimes it takes another friend in the mix to bring things back into perspective. Damn, I'm sounding deep. I wish I could go there on my blog with some of this.

Anonymous said...

Jules, why can't you?? :(

Poppy said...

Yah, just lift your comments from my site and post them to your own blog! You definitely make some pretty heavy comments here, and they're your words so steal them back! :)