Thursday, July 07, 2005

And now for something completely different.

Whenever I exercise so much that I am at the point of complete exhaustion I become so euphoric that I am forced to proclaim my love for anyone around me. This wouldn't be such a bad thing, except I'm completely indiscriminate about who I love when in this state. One time in high school I was running laps in gym class with three girls in my grade. At lap number 40 billion I said in my last gasping breaths, "I...love...you...all." They all recoiled with a look of pure disgust and I realized what I had just said and quickly apologized, "I'm sorry, I can't help myself when I'm running. I didn't mean anything by it." Those girls never ran laps with me again. Hmm.

Just as a life lesson, I don't appreciate that they recoiled in disgust. There's nothing wrong with loving your fellow man or woman. AFAIK, there were no subsequent rumors about me being a lesbian, but I think I would have been secretly amused if there had been. (I loved being a "rebel" in high school. :) But, I digress.

This November my high school is having an odd-year reunion. No one was put together enough to organize our 10th anniversary reunion, and no one feels like waiting until our 15th, so we're having a somewhere-in-between reunion. I'm not sure if I'm attending or not, because anyone I actually care about I stay in touch with or I think of them fondly as they were back in high school, so I don't really need to see how all the people I shunned in high school turned out. I might go for the free food? If there's cheese, I guess I'm there!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My 10-year is this year. I guess I knew last year when I put a fake address for myself on the alumni page that I wasn't planning to go. I dunno. I talk to everyone I want to talk to (er...actually, nobody from h.s., now that I think about it). Meh. The only reason I would go is to see how the beautiful people turned out, and I really don't want to be that negative to get joy out of the Prom King having a bald spot and pot belly.

Renee said...

You'll have to go...there's bound to be cheese and how can you pass up free food? I'd stay long enough to eat and run!lol

Poppy said...

Jurgy mommy: That is the ultimate reason to go to one of those, isn't it... I've actually seen the beautiful people around town and they don't look any different - just as bitchy, snobby, big-headed as always.

Oregano: you are a trouble-maker! My husband might get a bit scrappy over that. ;)

Renee: You've convinced me. I think I'll go but not talk. I'll have a sign on me that says "I'm just here for the cheese. Sod off!" :)

Anonymous said...

If I got euphoric when I exercised I might be as skinny as the skeletwins (aka:Lohan/Ritchie)