Monday, July 18, 2005

Do you know John Lennon?

LA at Junk Feud just posted a snippet from a British newspaper claiming that 56% of Brits surveyed did not know who John Lennon is. Um, that ain't right. I bet if Americans were surveyed we'd do a better job! He's an idol, an icon, a god to us. Sure, maybe you didn't like the music, or you didn't like Yoko, but you knew John so had such opinions in the first place! This is just bizarre. I mean, he was assassinated, so that should make him more famous to the UK! *shaking my head back and forth back and forth back and forth*

8 comments:

Renee said...

Good lord?! I am shocked by that. Hell my son's nursery was the "John Lennon" design stuff...it was art he had made for his and Yoko's son (Can't get his name in my head at the moment) as a baby! Cool stuff!

Poppy said...

Sean!

Horrifying. I am so confident that the US would score better on that survey...

Poppy said...

I just laughed so hard I snorted. I am so glad there was no liquid in my mouth to come flying out my nose, and that there's no one around me to look at me funny. :D

Bella said...

Shame on them! They don't even know who the man is that helped create the rock n roll sound???? Unfreakinbeleivable!

Poppy said...

I thought about this on the way home. I'm thinking the people they asked were 2 years old. Or, you know, younger than 12. Newer generations don't always catch on to music history. I bet everyone who reads my site knows someone they think is an absolute legend, but I've never ever heard of them.

I wonder what the survey results would have been if they were asked about The Clash.

Helen said...

I find it hard to believe! I mean, really? Definately? Source checked and all that junk? Unbelievable.
Peace..............

Poppy said...

Well, I can't completely vouch for anyone, but the news article is here...

Renee said...

Yes! It's was Sean. I kept thinking Julian but i knew that wasn't the right son!lol

lee housefly made me snort too!lmao