Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Do I need a gimmick?

Would readers come back to my site if I had a gimmick à la Kim with the Thursday Caption? Kristine with Stuff Portrait Fridays? Britpoppa's (now defunct) semi-weekly celebrity quiz? CityRag smoke-ins? Junk Feud's butts of the week *and* celebs signing autographs? JJ with added posters Jimmy and J.Mo and the semi-daily/weekly Ev comic? ... the list is endless, and I'm just being too lazy to find the other "gimmicks" I see on other blogs. Gimmick might not be the right word. Perhaps recurring theme is nicer wording...

I'm not really a gimmicky kind of girl. I just want to post about my thoughts, put up a few pics when the mood is right, and have a little chat with those of you who stick around. I don't want to feel obligated to a gimmick. I love that all those who have a gimmick are dedicated enough to keep the gimmick going, but as soon as I start feeling responsibility for projects I want to run in the other direction, and I don't want to start hating my blog. So, with that said, no gimmicks, just Poppy. And the kitties. And random ramblings. And cheese. Yay. :)

5 comments:

Bearette said...

I'm with Poppy Cede. Who needs a gimmick?

Anonymous said...

I thought of that, too. I just like to keep things random. I agree with you: I don't want it to become too much work. I don't want to feel like I have homework when my blog is due.

I appreciate the hell out of it for those that do it, though. Cityrag, Junk Feud, Zazzafooky...I'm so talking to YOU right now.

jules said...

mmm ... cheese! LOL ...
I think an anything goes approach is best. That's what I go with. I have a little theme going on with the sidelines etc. but I try to keep what I post pretty random/babble! I just love dogs, that's all!

Poppy said...

LA, I love your site. I love the butts and autographs, I love that you keep me informed about celebrities, in particular, MAGGIE! YAY! Love her! Secretary is one of my all-time FAVORITE movies!! OK, glassy fanatic eyes are returning back to normal now.

Thanks, everyone, I appreciate that you like me just the way I am. :)

JJ said...

No gimmick needed, Poppy. I keep coming back to your site because I like it the way it is!

But I agree with LA - "Guaranteed content" rocks!