Monday, July 18, 2005

Foster parents!

Husband and I left work early today, not by choice exactly, and arrived home to a large envelope. Inside the envelope was paperwork about Eve, our new foster child! Here's a picture of Eve:

DSC00289

Eve was born in Fall 1995. She was bought to be barbequed at an Easter Sunday celebration. Someone thought she was being mistreated prior to being butchered so contacted the local humane society who confiscated her.

Eve now eats her favorite food, sweet cob mix, on a hillside with her sheep buddies.

The strangest part is, we don't remember signing up to be foster parents. Our birthdays are both coming up, so all we can figure is that one of our relatives sponsored us as foster parents as our birthday gift. Or, well, there was that time last month where I sent money to about 10 animal organizations... :)

7 comments:

P'nut said...

Congratulations on your new baby girl! She looks like a snuggler!

kris said...

This is awesome and made me smile, Poppy! With a face like that, being a new foster mom won't be baaaaaahhhhd at all!

I had to.

Poppy said...

You ladies crack me up... Thank you. :)

Looks like, going through the check stubs, we donated money to the organization, although not specifically to sponsor a sheep (or any other animal, for that matter).

We're very happy with our new bundle of joy. Hoping she doesn't eat us out of house and home. :)

Anonymous said...

See you have a kid....well not exactly a kid but....you know......

Helen said...

Nice job Poppy! (don't forget the humans!)
Peace..............

Poppy said...

We donated money to the food shelf, too. Alas, no notice that we are fostering a child...

I love to pick out something special at the grocery store just to put in the front of the store where the food shelf donations are collected. I get so excited about picking the item(s), and then I get all spazzy about making sure it's separated so that it doesn't get put in a bag. (I also like to do my own bagging, for time, efficiency, and politeness reasons. Easier for me to keep the food shelf items separate then, too!)

Anonymous said...

OHHHH!!!! What a wonderful gift. Congratulations!!! Please let me know how she's doing. I lovvvvve animals, as you know. :)