Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Throwing away an unfriend

Today, after many moons of not receiving any communication from my former friend, I received an email purportedly from her. Oh? Has she suddenly decided that my friendship is worth her time? I mean, not that I'd respond back because it's just too late, but it would have felt better to know that she had just been too busy all this time to maintain her friendship with me.

Then I opened the message and it was an advertisement for a sale her company's retail chain is having this weekend. ... ... ... And, it said “Hope to see you there!” but at the bottom it said “To unsubscribe from this mailing list click here.” QUE LA FUCKING F?! You know what I did with that piece o' crap - I threw it in the trash!!@!!!!@!! Grr. I think I shall put a filter on her email to go to /dev/null from now on.

7 comments:

Elizabeth Tarney said...

Did you unsubscribe as well?

Anonymous said...

I'm with Oregano - my former roommate and I parted ways (she left the state, I moved with Matt) and I haven't heard anything from her since our last day at the apartment. And for the last month living with her, she was a complete bitch to me and for no reason.

I'm glad you gave her the heave-ho. It hurst like hell, but you don't need people like that in your life. >:(

Renee said...

Well shit! I'd send it back to her!lol

tricia said...

Just checked-in to your blog after a week away- LOVE the new look!!!

tricia said...

I debated also commenting on this post- chickened out, I guess. Because I am a "friend" like that. Not in the sense of using people for information, etc. But I do tend to drop off the radar. Not respond to e-mails and phone messages for long spans of time. It's not that I don't care about my friends, rather that I don't feel up to being a good friend. Then I beat myself up for not being a good friend. Then too much time passes and it is harder to resume contact. I am lucky that my friends are still there.

Kim said...

You really should write her back and let her know that you can't come. Say something like, "I'm sorry I won't be able to make it. I have the pressing matter of gouging my eyes out with dull, rusty spoon to attend to. Hope you understand. Yours, Poppy."

Or something like that...

Poppy said...

Plumleigh, know that there is a difference between what you're doing (you're busy and have a hard time juggling the friends into that) and what my unfriend did (purposefully chose to excommunicate with me just because she felt like it).

I will not be writing back to her, because I believe that silence is a better tool. If I did write back with hateful words she could then justify her actions (or lack thereof) to me.