Monday, December 19, 2005

Nightbreed

OK, so the cool coffee lady gave me a movie recommendation last week, amidst a crowd of other coffee drinkers waiting to pay for their cuppa. I did my best to remember the name of the movie all the way to my office, and when I looked online for it all I could come up with was the site from the filmmaker, Night Creep. This seems to be a movie about drugged out strippers who try to solve a murder mystery (synopsis). Since the coffee lady and I had been exchanging horror movie titles and since she seems to be pretty liberal minded I just went with it, but I couldn't really justify spending $22 to watch the film once to see what I thought of it.

I tried to find the coffee lady at the end of last week but she wasn't working on Friday so I had to wait until today to talk to her. Turns out she had recommended Nightbreed:
A community of mutant outcasts of varying types and abilities attempts to escape the attentions of a psychotic serial killer and redneck vigilantes with the help of a brooding young man who discovers them. Based on the novel "Cabal" by Clive Barker.
Ahhhh, makes much more sense, considering the conversation we had. I have added it to the top of my Netflix queue!

No comments: