Saturday, December 31, 2005

Listen to the sound of a whole other O*

It's about to be 2-OO-6 and I just want to say that each and every one of you who take the time to read my thoughts and drop me a comment here and there make my day, every day. This year has not been my most favorite for reasons I'd prefer to shove in a deep, dark hole, but one very spectacular thing happened: I made friends all across the country, and even a casual drive-by friend or two across the ponds, despite my realization that it is very difficult to make friends outside of school. I've been honored to be there to share so many important moments of your life with all of you. The best, the worst, it's all good because you let me share your experiences. Not at all a comprehensive list, here are some of the very special moments you shared with me that left a mark:

    Moving in together with your sweetie
    Becoming an aunt
    Getting a divorce from a man who wasn't worth your time
    The pink elephant acknowledged
    Trying for babies
    Making babies(!!!)
    Adopting furry kids
    Book exchange
    The Busty Nuns - Sister Mary Michael, Sister Mary Kate, and their blinged bibles
    Getting engaged(!!!!!!!)
    Going to the ER, but coming out the other end (hehe) just fine
    O-C-D and other mental excitednessesses
    PMS
    Getting a new car (for better or for worse)
    A great day
    A shitty day
    Missing a soldier serving our country
    Missing a loved one who passed away
    The shock of that one moment in time that took someone near and dear away
    Getting back your test results
    Moving on with your life, despite life trying its hardest to keep you down
    Getting drunk
    Getting high
    Eating too much cheese
    Eating too much chocolate
    Doing memes, tagged or otherwise
    Making a fabulous meal, only to be hardly touched by the evil MIL
    The last person on Earth you wanted finding your blog? Yah, they found it
    Secret crushes
    Celebrity gossip
    Blogland gossip
    Sharing in opinions about how the world is really effed up right now
    We Are Not Afraid
    PostSecret
    Gallery of the Absurd
    LA - we miss you!
    MaMa - are you back?
    Oregano - she better have said yes!!!!
    Lady Bug - glad you're back, love the new name, and the new hair :) :)
    Dislocating digits
    Sending snailmail!!!!!! (Kim, Stacy, B - thanks for trusting that I am who I say I am and giving me your addresses ;)
    P'nut, TJ, Kim, and all the others of us who lost a furry kid
    Being devastated by world events
    I can't end on a low note, so: Getting flowers, cards, gifts, or hugs from your favoritest person

Who knows when each of us will drop blogland for our physical lives, but I will be forever changed for the better by the time I have spent with you. Rock on, my blog friends. :)

xoxo,
~Poppy


*PS - Yes, that's the slogan for Honey Nut Cheerios, my favorite breakfast cereal in my formative years.

5 comments:

Maman said...

Bonne Annee, Poppy... I am just back from a fete with an autre maman of a former student from Chicago's Lycee Francais. Les enfants (toutes filles) enjoyed themselves immensely and we enjoyed a lovely italian dinner in the style of the film, Big Night, on Taylor Street in Chicago. A good time was had by all... in fact the children refused to part...a good sign!

Hope your festivities rocked too!

bdogg_mcgee said...

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO!!!!!!

Mair said...

I missed this the first time around, but I'm so glad you put the asterisk in to the post title because it was driving me nuts trying to figure out what it was!

0000 said...

Happy New Year, Poppy, I'm glad I virtually met you! ;o)

Kim said...

I'm so way behind on blogs, I'm just now getting to this post. I never did thank you for the adorable Christmas card and yes, loved the little note and sticker on the back!

Hope to share many more moments with you and vice versa! xoxo