Tuesday, December 27, 2005

It occurred to me to wonder...

Each end of year I feel a small level of anxiety because I'm concerned that the date of Christmas will disrupt any or all of our services. The year when Christmas was on a Friday and so was New Year's? Two weeks of NO GARBARGE COLLECTION. That just royally stunk, figuratively and literally. So, each year I continue to worry unnecessarily.

This year the fear was that PostSecret wouldn't be updated, because it's updated on Sundays and Christmas and Hanukkah were on a Sunday. But that Frank, he's crafty. You know what he did? He posted on Saturday, the eve of the big day!** I'm not sure if he won't just post this coming Sunday's postcards on Sunday, since New Year's is hardly as important as killing trees or lighting wax on fire, but I'm really impressed that he's such a stand-up guy that he already had a plan for what to do when a major holiday disrupts his posting schedule! Genius!


--
**I promise that I do realize that some people don't celebrate any of the holidays that occur this time of year, but I can't control what I'll be anxious about...

PS - To the guy who sent in a postsecret that he drowned a kitten because he was mad that his parents were divorced: I hope that kitten's life taught you a lesson and that you never, ever did or will do harm to another living being again. :(

PSS - Do you think Frank ever submits his own secret(s) to himself?

2 comments:

Elizabeth Tarney said...

Frank rocks.

I so had to laugh at the comments people left him after the gallery showing.

P'nut said...

I read Post Secret all the time but that one about the kitten is the first one that's made me angry & sick. I physically felt ill and it was on my mind all night so I didn't sleep well.

I not-so-secretly (and ironically, hypocritically) wish that person would know what it feels like to be drowned in a mud puddle. There is no excuse for that kind of brutality. None. I don't care what happened to that person in their life, taking the life of an innocent is reprehensible.