Saturday, December 24, 2005

I definitely was not expecting that...

Wanna know what I received for a gift at the thieves' auction? Are you sure? Ohhhhh-kay.



A field mouse. For REAL. (See to the left? That's the wrapping paper he was in!) My friend caught this mouse in his humane trap before coming to the party so he thought it'd be funny to give as a gift. Unfortunately, I had no inkling of the dastardly plan, and I completely 360'd that poor little mouse. Shoulda seen the look on my friend's face as I rotated the mouse. My friend caught my reaction on video which he played back for us all - the best Christmas present ever. I was truly speechless, after my initial gasp, of course.

After he explained this was just a gag gift I chose again and got the LED Christmas lights Hay and I have been searching for! And since I had number one nobody messed with me and I got to take them home. Woohoo!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww...who got the mouse? Poor guy.

bdogg_mcgee said...

Eeek! He looks so cute....

Hope you are having a wonderful Christmas! I'll talk to you soon!

xoxoxox
B

Maman said...

Eek! Just like the ones that I am trying to get rid of! Well if it makes you happy! Joyeux Noël, Poppy

Poppy said...

The mouse was released at a recreation park down the street from the party. It's where Hay and I used to take the birds that Allie would bring in the house but not kill. :)

Kim said...

AWWWW! I want one!

Bella said...

Merry Christmas!!!!

BarbaraMG said...

Oh look at those great big eyes looking up at you! I am glad you let him go. :)

melissa said...

Cute little guy. But not so cute when you unexpectedly open him as a gift, eh?

Now THERE'S a gift your furry kids could appreciate!