Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Web-only episodes of The Office



Adam Avitable* tells me (and the rest of the blog-o-sphere) that The Office is coming to the web this summer. ARS Technica further explains:

All of the broadcast networks are faced with the same problem of declining viewership in the face of competition not only from hundreds of niche cable networks, but also from the Internet, video games, and a number of other activities that draw viewers away from the boob tube. Jeff Zucker, the CEO of NBC Universal Television Group, recognizes the problem, and is encouraging would-be producers of TV shows to come to the company with a strategy that extends beyond TV.

(That Jeff Zucker, he's kinda brilliant.) Who's excited? (I am! I am!)


---
*For those of you who I emailed to say I was not available for comment because I'm prepping for my class: I found Adam's site while searching for the text of a CNN article that has expired since I first found it. Thanks to Adam for totally ripping CNN's content and pasting it to his blog so that I could use the article in my class again!!

2 comments:

Avitable said...

Thanks for the link. Sounds like you got caught goofing off instead of working, footnote notwithstanding!

Poppy said...

Only by my blog friends. :) Thanks for stopping by!