Sunday, March 05, 2006

A pleasant surprise

I never watch ABC Family, but a few weeks ago somehow I happened to flip to
that channel and watched the made-for-TV movie See Jane Date, based on the novel by the same name written by Melissa Senate. I thought the movie was charming and I very much enjoyed Charisma Carpenter* as Jane.

Last weekend I was kitty sitting and went upstairs to wake up one of the cats so he could have his wet food snack. I looked down on the floor and, as luck would have it, resting in plain view was the book version of See Jane Date!

I don't normally read light and fluffy books, but I'm thoroughly enjoying this one. It's a simple story about a 20-something who isn't having much luck in the NYC dating scene and is overlooked for promotion at work. In the end it all goes her way, but I don't think that ruins the journey for anyone, it's still worth the watch or the read. :)

*I just found Charisma Carpenter's myspace! Cool! :)

2 comments:

Zombie_Flyboy said...

I've always been a big Charisma Carpenter fan. She's purdy.

But really, is that myspace thing for real? It's funny because it has all her former costars as friends too. I'd just think they all had better things to do than play with myspace.

But if it's really her, cool.

Poppy said...

I've found a lot of celebrities on myspace, and it does seem to be a trend that they add other celebs to their friends list. It's definitely odd because they're seemingly so accessible, but I think it's their easy way to keep in touch with each other! I was trying to add Charisma as a friend last night but the server was too busy. I plan to try again today.