Friday, March 24, 2006

Before and...well, not quite after

This was our happy home Monday morning:



...and then little bearded men wearing flannel and chimney smoking came over and caused a raucous. By Wednesday they had turned the outside of our home into a wasteland:







When we came home Thursday there was something that resembled a deck(!!!):





Looking forward to what the site will look like tonight, and to a construction-free weekend. Ahhhhhhh....

Oh, totally random: We watched The 40 Year Old Virgin last night and laughed hysterically. Definitely worth your time and money. Who knew that Catherine Keener has such a smokin' hot bod?! Loved the chest waxing scene, which was real - Steve really had his chest hair ripped off for the movie. Dégoutant*, but hilarious. :)


---
*In Poppyworld this means “disgusting”, but en français it actually means nothing. Proper use of disgusting/disgust is “dégout”, and if something is disgusting it's “répougnant”, but it's my blog and that's what I say, so l'Académie française can shove it. :D

8 comments:

melissa said...

Your house is so cute!! I'm coming over to give it a hug.

Guinness_Girl said...

Ooh, a deck! Watch out or we'll all start showing up out there with pitchers of margaritas once the spring weather really gets nice...

Guinness_Girl said...

In retrospect, that entry sounds kinda scary. I won't really stalk you and show up at your house. Promise.

Anonymous said...

I want to make out with your house. I love it! It's very Poppy.

Poppy said...

You all crack me up.

Wait till it's done. The shutters will be black, the porch will have a shed roof (straight forward at at 45 degree angle, as opposed to the corners of the deck having a differently angled roof), the roof itself will have a greyish-black shingle, and eventually we'll be planting things in front. Oh, and we'll do something about the sidelights being SO BRIGHT WHITE while the house is almond.

And, if you want to make out with my house you go ahead, but if you tire it out so we can't all have a porch party you're delaying the fun for the rest of us. (Oh, again, crack myself up, love it!)

Word verification: dfluz (as in floozy!)

Elizabeth Tarney said...

Your house is awesome! The deck will look great. Let's hope the construction goes quickly!

Bryan said...

They make five-plus-four-and-a-doors in the suburbs? Who'd thunk'it?

P'nut said...

Oh, I love photos of renos! Keep taking pics and showing us the progress. I look forward to the finished product! It'll be grand, I'm sure, especially once you get all your flora planted.

I'm glad you enjoyed that 40yr old Virgin, I thought it was one of the better comedies in years. Did you like the foul mouthed old guy? He made me chuckle.