Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Say yes because it's what we do best and I've had such a hard day

Let's see, what'd I do today...

  1. Had a fight with Hay first thing this morning because I'm an idiot and can't deal with the fact that men are crawling all over the outside of our house and freaking Georgie out.
  2. Then I stormed off to work and got freaked out by the head of IT who said “you're all getting shuffled, but I don't know where yet.”
  3. Then I freaked out with my coworkers about the meeting we had just attended while I finished putting together my packets for tomorrow's class.
  4. Then I bought Hay a “sorry, I'm an idiot” gift.
  5. Then I went to make sure my classroom had what I expected it to for tomorrow and helped someone else for their class.
  6. Then I returned a call to my mom who told me I really need to call my grandmother in the hospital; I called, no answer.
  7. Then I called Mom to let her know I didn't reach my grandmother and that life is crazy so please let her know I'm trying.
  8. Then I read my email to find that after several years of being on the waiting list I finally got a parking spot in my building's lot! Le woot!
  9. Then I called Hay and apologized for my idiocy and warned him I have a gift.
  10. And, now it's the end of my day and I haven't read blogs and I haven't accomplished anything other than some really tense shoulder muscles.

I'm exhausted.

6 comments:

don't call me MA'AM said...

Sounds like you and I had a similar day... in levels of shittiness anyway. And I'm waiting for HIM to apologize for being an idiot.

P'nut said...

*HUGS*

Is the gift a secret? What is it? Spill!

melissa said...

"Le woot!"

I love it. That phrase alone could brighten my day.

I hope today's better for you.

"Le woot!"

Elizabeth Tarney said...

Oh no! Sorry to hear your day was an emotional rollercoaster. I hope your Granny is feeling better.

Hey! My word verification is: catco

Maman said...

So sorry Poppy... I hope tomorrow is better...

Poppy said...

Thanks to everyone for commenting.

The gift is massage oil and a wooden massaging tool. I figured after a hard day's work he'd be sore. He took a raincheck, so we've not used the gift quite yet.