Thursday, March 30, 2006

I'm not dead yet!

Unlike this Monarch butterfly, I am not dead.





I found her under a clump of grass in our back yard. I think she died of natural causes, but she might have died when the clump of grass squashed her? Who knows. No CSIs for butterflies. Well, okay, there are Is for butterflies but no CSIs.

In case you're like P'nut and want to know how the porch building is coming along, here's a shot from this morning!



Complete with vinyl beadboard under the porch roof!




A reminder of what it looked like before the work started:

4 comments:

PosterNutbag said...

that's a mighty grown-up house you live in poppy. i dig the porch addition!! t'is coming along nicely.

melissa said...

*ahem*

I thought it said vinyl HEADboard the first time I read it.

*hangs head, embarrassed*

Guess we know where my mind is...

bdogg_mcgee said...

I'm so excited! It makes the house look totally different...

You know if you paint the beadboard sky blue then wasps and other stinging insects won't build their nests there because they think it's the sky?

P'nut said...

Yay! You're back. This makes P'nut very happy.

But now I'm sad about the pretty butterfly. They're so fragile & beautiful, and I rarely see them anymore here in the city.

And now I'm happy again because your porch is coming along so nicely!

I can just picture you sitting out there, on warm summer day, possibly on a swing bench, with a tall, cold glass of lemonade or iced tea, surveying your plants, with the kitties faces pressed against the window glass, wondering why you're outside and not inside with them.