Saturday, March 25, 2006

The good kind of sore

The kind of sore that comes from a good day's work. Today in Poppyland the weather was wonderful for outdoor activity - in the mid 40s, overcast, with no precipitation. I was able to clean out and trim down the dead parts of all of our garden beds today. That is an all day endeavor, and I'm just now writing about it while it is firmly dark outside, so you know it took me all day. My back is happily sore, because it knows it was productive today. And, it was so nice to see how much new growth we have!



Gorgeous...

In case anyone's interested, here's a photo of the double cut of the coax cable leading from the house to our satellite dish:



(Oops.)

Not too much progress was made on the porch yesterday, so I'm not going to bother posting a photo. BUT, last night's birthday party at the karaoke bar was a ton of fun. I didn't achieve bravery to sing a birthday song other than the traditional song one sings with others on a birthday, but here's a little photo of the exciting time:



That's the birthday girl on the right and her partner in civil union on the left. They are such an awesome couple, and incredible individuals. (I know it's dark, but I didn't dare to use the flash in the bar... If you click the photo you'll see a slightly clearer version.) Here's the set with the rest of the photos, including this lovely:

DSC00171

That's the candle that was at our table.

No comments: