Thursday, March 16, 2006

I was not arrested.

In case you were curious. But, I did have a slightly severe tantrum in the procedure room of the doctor's office and ended up not having my back injection. I am somewhat relieved, because I'm just terrified of needles, and of the two weeks after the injection where I flare up, but I may have just prolonged the inevitable. We'll see. My meds have been changed.

Oh, wait, did you come here to find out what's going on in my life, or did you come here for fun? Cuz, I've got the fun. Here, have some fun:

PENTAGON PLANS CYBER-INSECT ARMY.

The Pentagon's defence scientists want to create an army of cyber-insects that can be remotely controlled to check out explosives and send transmissions. The idea is to insert micro-systems at the pupa stage, when the insects can integrate them into their body, so they can be remotely controlled later.

The objects to be implanted are specific micro-systems which, when the insect is fully developed, could allow it to be remotely controlled or sense certain chemicals, including those in explosives. (Presurfer)






Restaurant overdoes it once again, with 15-pound burger

It foiled even the doughnut-eating champion of the world.

Concocted by the chefs at Denny's Beer Barrel Pub, the burger might help the pub defend its Guinness Book of World Records status as the restaurant with the world's biggest hamburger.

Denny's big burger lineup includes a 2-pounder, a 3-pounder and a 6-pounder.

If you can eat the 6-pounder in under three hours, you get the burger for free, along with a commemorative T-shirt and your names on a wall of fame. So far, the only winner has been a 100-pound female college student.

But owners thought a 15-pound burger would attract more customers and be a good option for families, parties and anyone who up for a challenge. (Attu)





And, last, but not least, Perez Hilton was published in Paper magazine as one of the beautiful people.



I love the photo, he's in his skivvies (teehee :).

1 comment:

Mel said...

I get heartburn just LOOKING at that hamburger.

Ugh.