Monday, March 27, 2006

Okay, one more. Last one. I promise. Although, I break promises...




Speaking of bears with wooden poles, when I was a sophomore in high school my Earth Science teacher told me and my classmates the harrowing tale of his brush with bear death. He and his wife were camping and were attacked by bears. They were both pretty banged up and bloody but both were able to get away (he dragged her away from the bears) and both survived. Unfortunately, his wife soon after died from cancer. Very sad. Makes me think that the idea of Final Destination has merit - that if you cheat death it just finds another way to get you. I know we all die, but it does seem ironic that my teacher's wife would survive a very bad bear attack (the doctors weren't sure she was going to live) only to be attacked from the inside out. ... Kind of a buzzkill from the pole joke, sorry.

2 comments:

Lasha Gabunia said...

Nice blog. :up:

bdogg_mcgee said...

DH and I went to this site and laughed our asses off yesterday. I'm jealous that I didn't think of it first. I could be famous! :)