Monday, August 15, 2005

Perhaps my next vote is already decided

I heard about this a few days ago when I was preoccupied with other things. Today, AnonymousCoworker has reminded me:

cwpres08

Ripped directly from his campaign site (and styled up a little):

The Walken Platform


These are the issues that need solutions now, and Christopher Walken is not afraid to address them. He wants his supporters and opponents to know that he is clear in his ideals and will fight to lead America to a better place.

Campaign Finance Reform
"I believe that campaign finance is a very tough issue, with good points on both sides; but I feel, as a wealthy American, that I should have no more say than even the least fortunate American citizen. Free speech in politics is about the voices of all those who support you, not who supports you with the biggest voice."

Military Funding
"I am a huge supporter of the military. I have always thought of them as our guardians, and when our guardians are making less than the poverty line, and children are suffering because their parents decided to join the military, well, I get very upset. I feel that instead of sending billions to the Pentagon's pet projects, it should go to the troops."

Stem Cell Research
"I'd met Chris Reeve several times before he died, and after having met him it is tough to be against [stem cell research]. I am for human knowledge and expansion of human life. If stem cells are one way to do that, I cannot support legislation to restrict this potentially life-saving research."


There are not enough issues or specifics about his politics available yet to make an educated decision, but it's a good start.

Update: Apparently a hoax, but blogger rumor mill has caused other events to occur, so maybe he'll run for president as a result!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt and I were trying to figure out if this was real or not. I love Christopher Walken. Isn't it too early for a candidate to start campaigning, though? I don't know...is this a joke? I feel like someone's effing around.

Renee said...

I love Chris too! WHOOT WHOOT!!

Mel said...

I couldn't believe this. As of this morning, there wasn't anything mentioned on snopes.com or truthorfiction.com (the bibles of internet hoaxes).

Stolen from Kris, but all I can say is...

Crickets.

Anonymous said...

Christopher Walken is a trip. He was there when Natalie Wood drowned. He scares me....kinda like the IT clown and Jack Nicholson.