Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Epi

I see lots of people are visiting, but there's nothing new to look at. Sorry about that. This morning I went in for an epidural on my back and it wiped me out. Weird procedure. They numbed my back then used x-ray to find the right spot, put anaesthetic and steroid into my back which made my right calf cramp up the worst I have EVER felt, and everybody cheered, because the leg cramping meant they hit the right spot in my back. So, in about 10 days I should know if my back is all better! Whee!

8 comments:

acw said...

Ye-ouch! When I got anesthesia to get my wisdom teeht out they missed my vein 5 times. I was dying for that pain killer once they got it in properly.

Anonymous said...

Hooray! I hope you get relief soon! Will e-mail in a bit.

Poppy said...

AC - Oh, that makes me sick to my stomach. I didn't have any problems when I had to have my wisdom teeth out, didn't need to take the pain killers past that same afternoon.

JN -Thanks. Still very sore today, which is what I am supposed to feel now that the anaesthetic has worn off. But, nothing more than the normal amount back and leg pain from this injury. Glad to have the next couple days to rest at home. :)

t~ said...

That sounds soo awful! I hope it helps to alleviate the problem after all that...

Mel said...

Cringe... needle in the back sounds awful!

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Poppy said...

I'm very sore. No one mentioned I'd be so sore. But, I've got the rest of the week off to recover so I'll suck it up and hang with the furry kids. :)

Jege (Jen) said...

The soreness will go away in a couple of days. I've had 2 of those injections, and the first one really helped a lot. The second just helped a little and hurt about 6 zillion times more than the first, but hey.

Poppy said...

Good to know! When I woke up this morning I was pain free! Of course, as I moved around with my daily routine, it got sorea gain but not the same pain as before the injection, so that's a vast improvement. :)