Tuesday, August 16, 2005

A brand new reason to get fired.

Oregano posted an article about two women who were fired from their job for speaking Spanish. I was outraged, mentioned that this is a melting pot and why should people be fired for speaking their native tongue(?!?!), but then Oregano made the point that when you're under someone's roof you play by their rules. I'd appreciate it if you could take a moment to read the original post and leave your comment at Café Oregano. He and I are both interested in finding out how the conversation will twist and turn with more points of view presented. So, thanks from me and Oregano! :)

4 comments:

acw said...

I tossed my hat into the ring over there, but I'm not sure how much good it will do considering your buddy has a link to a Stop the ACLU site.

Poppy said...

I told him that Kris at mamalikey should have posted this, she gets OODLES of responses to all her messages. Kris, if you read this, will you post Oregano's post? Or, at least post about oodles. I dunno.

Joanne said...

I commented too, but I suspect I may be a little too business friendly for you. :)

Poppy said...

Who, me? You say whatever you want, as long as it's really how you feel and you're not insulting anyone. I'm up for differences of opinion, and glad I could drum up a bit more discussion for Oregano! :)