Saturday, August 20, 2005

Blogger is no longer free.

I don't like rocking the boat, I really don't, but I just did a technorati search because I was curious about my traffic spike and found a great blog for many reasons that is having a hard time with Blogger without explanation. He has waged an anti-Blogger campaign. I was perfectly happy with Blogger until they started this petty "your blog isn't good enough to live in this neighborhood" shit. I'm not saying that I'll leave Blogger, but I am saying I hope they hurry up and realize how upsetting this new feature they didn't even bother to mention on the Blogger start page is, like it's hidden so that if your blog disappears they can blame it on "the fine print". Disgusting... Ugh.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been, since reading this stuff, feverishly working on getting my OWN site. Eff their "flag" feature. I want to be able to say what I want and not find it taken down completely one day. I now have my own domain name and am working with someone to get a design and host. Woot!

Freedom of speech, what's that?!

Poppy said...

Yeeha! I'll link to the new site as soon as you're ready to hand it out.

I spent 2 hours downloading my entire site to make sure I had a backup copy. I used a demo version of a Mac product, so not useful to many folks, but I have peace of mind that my site is with me even if Blogger takes it away.

Anonymous said...

...which I do not have. Grr. Reading that site you linked, I kept wondering why B took his site down so much? Aargh, I'm mad with worry!

I'm being hosted by the person who did TJ's site, and she's coming up with some designs for me! Woot! Can't wait.

Poppy said...

It just occurred to me that I can just stick a ribbon on that side, like the Make Povery History banner, making the Flag buttonnot work for my site! I was thinking of putting a ribbon there anyway. Ooh, I'm clever without meaning to be.

Poppy said...

My evil plan has come to fruition! Muhahaha! (oops, I forgot, I'm nice!)