Wednesday, May 23, 2007

"Forgive me, Big Daddy, for I have sinned" : A Confessioner's Tale

Yah, yah, so I'm confessing something. I don't feel guilty about it, I just wanna tell you something quirky about me and I have to confess in order to do so.

Today I've eaten leftover tofu teriyaki, deep fried steak fries, and leftover mashed potatoes with beef gravy. Problem is, it's only 5:40pm and there's that meal called dinner left to have but I don't want to go nuts and eat a big meal so instead I'm having one of those Starbucks mocha frappuccinos to which I added an entire coffee scoop of fresh Verona coffee grounds because eating coffee curbs my appetite. What also helps is plenty of ice water to fill my tummy, so a gigantic glass of ice water is sitting next to the coffee, 3/4 consumed.

I worked from home today because I woke up feeling ass-like so rather than take the day off I decided to plant myself on the couch and tell people what to do remotely. :) The problem with working from home and not having Hay around is that I always do at least one "yay, my parents aren't home!" activity. I won't go into all the ways I choose to act out but let me just say that it's silly because Hay could really give a care about pretty much any of these activities in which I choose to indulge. And yet I do them anyway. :) The thrill of the naughtiness, I think. I do so enjoy my secrets...

2 comments:

Jen said...

Your confession is a non-confession cause you didn't tell us the naughty activity! :)

Poppy said...

Sorry I didn't make it clear in the post. My naughty activity I'm admitting to today was binging on an entire day's worth of heavy stomach food between the hours of 10:00am and 4:00pm. And, for the record, my coffee grounds and ice water did curb my appetite so that I did not eat dinner which is okay in my book since I really did already eat a ton of food today.