Tuesday, May 08, 2007

AI live blogging?

Oh, sure. Why not?

Barry Gibb... Two songs per contestant.

1. Melinda Doolittle - Inside and Out. Blech. Rushing the song, and I agree with Simon that it was a background vocalist performance.

2. Blake Lewis - You Should Be Dancing. Beatboxing is not working for this song, at all. Weird how the wrong song choice can make my favorite performer not be my favorite. It was bad. Agree with Randy and Simon.

3. LaKisha Jones - Stayin' Alive. Good song choice, good makeup, bad outfit, and she kept messing with her hair. But this is the first week I've liked LaKisha at all in a very long time. So, nice job. :) Very good job playing around the melody. Disagree with Randy and Simon.

4. Jordin Sparks - To Love Somebody. What the hell is she wearing? Hot Mama hair and makeup, and she's beautiful. Slow start to the song but started getting very good toward the end. I really can't believe she's only 17.

5. Melinda - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart. Slooooooow song to start with and I just didn't enjoy her version until her crescendo. I also didn't like her stomping around and showing her teeth. Her last note was off. Gotta hit those and leave us with a good taste in our mouths...

6. Blake - This Is Where. I've never heard this song or heard of it so I don't know what to compare it to. It sounds like he tried to Duran Duran it and it didn't quite work. Blake!? Why?! You couldn't have waited two more weeks to screw up?! I'm curious if Dan agrees that Blake is the one going home...

7. LaKisha - Run To Me. I hate the color of her dress but like the cut, hate the song choice but liked her vocals. Hmm. Blew the last note (sounds like she's losing her voice).

8. Jordin - Woman In Love. Gorgeous dress, love the song choice (a favorite Bee Gees song of mine), and I love that she is just standing at the mike rather than walking around with it. Soft, tender, and staring right at us while she sings. Agreed with Randy that it was a little pitchy, but I don't agree with anything else the judges said. Winner.


Is LaK going home tomorrow so we can have a guy in the running, or will it be a ladies top three? Hmmmmmmm....

If Jordin isn't the next American Idol then America got it wrong.


Update: SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I just visited the AI site and found out that PARIS BENNETT'S DEBUT ALBUM CAME OUT TODAY! [ iTunes | Target ]

Update 2: If you'd like to ruin the results for yourself, click here. :)


No comments: