Saturday, October 01, 2005

Now hear this!

My husband does not read my blog, so he will never benefit directly from this post, however that is not important to me. What is important is that I make it clear to all of blogland my feelings for Mr. Poppy.

Mr. Poppy has been in my life for 8 years. We were such silly lovers in the beginning. We once left work at lunchtime to grab some sweaters from his apartment since the season had changed to winter. We ended up fooling around. We returned to work with my face having stubble burn and our eyes wild with the satisfaction of a shared stolen moment.

Eight years later we are married with furry children. The roller coaster of life affects us, but I can honestly say that I love him more each and every day that I wake up and see that he is really in my life, that it's not just a dream.

I am so grateful for all of the twists and turns my life took, however horrible they may have been, so that I could end up with my true soulmate. Today is not our anniversary, or his birthday, it's just an ordinary Saturday, just another day of me loving him more than the day before.

That's it. I'm done. Thanks. :)

4 comments:

kris said...

I love this. I love knowing that you deserve this.

bdogg_mcgee said...

How beautiful! Isn't it just wonderful how things work out? I know exactly how you feel...

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhh, Poppy. I love this. You're happy and starry-eyed. Kris said it, you deserve it. I LOVE THIS, knowing you're smiling and blushing. ((hug))

Mair said...

That was lovely! Thanks for sharing.