Monday, October 03, 2005

And I thought Panic Room was a bit contrived

No, I'm not posting about Flight Plan.

'Stalker' Breaks Into Enya's Mansion


Reclusive Irish singer Enya spent a terrifying two hours hiding in the panic room in her Dublin home, when an alleged stalker broke into the mansion to look for her.

Police officers have revealed the star's maid was tied up by the intruder, who searched Enya's Manderlay castle in the city suburb of Killiney for two hours, before escaping with several of the singer's possessions after she activated an alarm.

Cops say the scary incident took place six weeks ago, only a week after an Englishman was arrested on the grounds of Enya's home.

In 1996, a 31-year-old Italian stabbed himself outside the County Donegal pub, owned by the singer's parents. (Source)

Jeezum H-double-hockey-stick Crispies, who thought this kinda stuff really happened?!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

In parts of Africa (and other parts of the world as well, I'm sure), many of residences for diplomats and White private contractors are built with panic rooms in case of intruders or mass violence.

And with all the reports lately of stalkers and kidnapping threats toward celebs and their kids, if I were a celeb, I'd absolutely have a panic room in my home. I'd kind of like to have one anyway, just 'cause I'm completely paranoid about intruders.