Monday, October 17, 2005

My all-time favorite movie

Mask. Why? Among several reasons is that this poem (written by the real Rocky Dennis) makes me cry every time I see it, hear it, think about it, feel it:

    These things are good:
    ice cream and cake,
    a ride on a harley,
    seeing monkeys in the trees,
    the rain on my tongue,
    and the sun shining on my face.

    These things are a drag:
    dust in my hair,
    holes in my shoes,
    no money in my pocket,
    and the sun, shining on my face.
See? I can't even format the poem without having a meltdown. Ahh, fuck.

Other parts of the movie that make me cry uncontrollably: When Dozer gives Rocky a puppy. When Dozer tells Rocky how proud he is. When Rocky learns that he has lost his girlfriend and that he will not be riding Harleys across Europe. When Rocky dies. Ahh, fuck again.

4 comments:

Miss Penny Lane said...

Great movie. I am embarrassed to say that when I first went tos ee it, I was with a girlfriend who was a total bitch, and she made fun of him and I laughed. I went tos ee it again with my brother when we were with our family in London. I loved it and I cried, and I felt terrible for allowing my "friend" to influence me into being mean.

I have a HUGE thing for Sam Elliott. Grrrrrrrr....

P'nut said...

I have to agree, that's a good movie. It's too bad ones that like are few and far between nowadays.

Bearette said...

I remember that movie! It was so sad, in a sweet way. And Cher did a good job ;)

Anonymous said...

Ahhh I love that movie....incredible move....