Friday, October 21, 2005

Epiphany

I make plans with people then cancel them at the last moment with the promise to reschedule. Sometimes I do reschedule and have that visit, other times I just leave that lingering promise in the air and hope no one notices that they didn't get that visit. The chances of me cancelling a get-together increase exponentially as each appointment to see people is added to the total. Clearly a manifestation of my introverted self. This week I had 4 appointments and so far have missed 3*. I intend to keep the 4th (tomorrow's day of fun with Mom and Niece), and one is rescheduled for November (you know which one), but I'm not sure I'm rescheduling the other two.

The most curious thing is that I would never miss an electronic appointment, but a tête à tête works me up so much that it's just really likely I won't go through with it.

*Yes, I know I was deathly ill for over a week, but I really didn't want to have those visits anyway, except for the one you know I'll go to in November if for no other reason than to avoid all of Jürgen Nation kickin' my ass. ;)

No comments: