Saturday, October 15, 2005

Home cookin'

My step-father's recipe for amazing pot roast:

    2-3 lb pot roast meat

    1 t minced garlic
    1 pkg dried onion soup mix
    water
    1 lb carrots, peeled
    1 lb potatoes
    2 large onions

    Place the onion mix and minced garlic on top of each piece of meat. Stack the meat in a slow cooker. Pour in water until it stands 2" deep. Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours. Remove meat and place in aluminum foil, place in oven on warm. Leave liquid in slow cooker.

    Cut carrots into 2" sticks, potatoes and onions into quarters. Place carrots, onions, and potatoes into slow cooker turned to high heat, making sure that everything is covered with liquid. Cook for 1 to 1-1/2 hours.

    Remove roast from oven, carrots and potatoes from slow cooker. Let sit 5-10 minutes then serve.
Man, I'm hungry.

Update: We ate the pot roast. That is the best damn pot roast I've ever had. My step-dad rocks!

3 comments:

kris said...

This is SO beautiful it hurts . . . I beet it just melts in your mouth.

Poppy said...

Yes, Ma'am, it did. And it will do so again when we eat the leftovers!

Newpeep, N.D. (neurotic depressive) said...

Yeah, but I'm lazy ... can't I just leave the meat in the slow-cooker?