Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Your Racist Friend*

From ABC:



The most disturbing part of this article for me, found on page 2, is:
One of Sugg's songs is a fantasy piece about a possible future racial war that goes: "Let the cities burn, let the streets run red, if you ain't white you'll be dead."

"I'd like to compare it to gangsta rap," explained Sugg, "where they glorify, you know, shooting n****** and pimping whores."

Sugg shrugs off criticism that music like his should not be handed out to schoolyard children, arguing that "it's just music, it's not like you're handing out AK-47s."

I assure the world that I will not be teaching my children white nationalism. I will, however, be teaching my children that the color of your skin or the heritage of your family does not define where you can sit, eat, drink, learn, or just be. (Paraphrased from my comment at Tiger Lilly's blogspot.) Thank you, Rosa. I am a better person because of you.

*Lyrics

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT??! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? THEIR NAMES ARE LAMB AND LYNX???

No seriously, this is asinine and ignorant. That we still live in a country like this is terrible. And they're what, 10? How do you have hate in your heart at that age (or any age, but you know what I mean).

I'm beginning to think that if I have children, it will not be on this soil. What a bunch of fuckwads.

Jege (Jen) said...

That is some scary-ass shit.

Just Me said...

I saw these two being interviewed on TV. You could tell they were just receiting what had been drilled into them since birth from their mother and grandfather. Sad.

Unfortunatly, they do have an audience but I don't see them going far mainly because of their song content, which is probably why they are getting any media attention at all. It surely cant be their talent because neither of them can sing worth a hill of beans.

c said...

And the other daughter's name is Dresden. As in Germany.

I blogged about this on Parents Behaving Badly.

It's just sick.

Anonymous said...

ldjay, *bravo*. And Bryan, that's an awesome point. This makes me ill.