Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Yippy skippy!*

James Frey is going to be on Oprah today, but I forgot to set it up to record. Mom is at my house today, still stuck here à cause de Wilma, so I called her and left a message asking her to call me to walk through setting up Dish to record the episode since it comes on at 4pm but I don't get home until after 6pm. She just called me back to say she figured it out on her own.

James Frey
Photo found at
AP writer Pauline Millard's site

I love my mom for being a technology genius. She has TiVo, but she dared to dig into Dish menus to set up the recording herself. I know a lot of other adults not born into this technology who would just say "oh, I didn't get your message" because they were too a'skaird to pousser le bouton, dammit! Not my mom! Such a trooper! I've convinced her to read A Million Little Pieces and My Friend Leonard then watch this episode of Oprah in reruns. (Stacy, I am forever indebted to you for introducing me to James.)


*Does anyone else remember this from the baby muppets cartoon?

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I didn't watch the Muppet Babies, but I know the expression "Yippy Skippy" is much older than just those cartoons. It's been around since way before I was a kid. My dad said it occasionally. Waring: Use with irony.

bdogg_mcgee said...

Wow, I loved Muppet Babies. Except Skeeter, she kind of annoyed me. But then again that was when I was going through my ultra-girlie phase and had eyes only for Piggy....

ha ha

Miss Penny Lane said...

Crap--so Oprah today is about the book? Man...I haven't gotten it yet, and I don't want it to be spoiled. What to do...?

Poppy said...

DO NOT watch Oprah before reading the books. It will ruin the books. She has him as a guest because Million is her book of the month. It's being made into a movie, too!

Miss Penny Lane said...

I will try not to, but it will be hard. ;) I might just put on Crash instead, since I have had it from NetFlix for way too long now...

Miss Penny Lane said...

P.S.

If your mom doesn't get your message, Oprah replays on ABC at around 1 a.m., so you could stay up or tape it then...