Saturday, July 01, 2006

Murphy's (gd c-word* of a whoo-ore) law.

Your boiler will wait until Saturday afternoon of a holiday weekend to let you know about a soot build-up problem that has been around for quite some time now but is finally getting around to emitting black plumes of smoke out the outtake valve. Or, whatever that pipe to the outside world is called. Son of a bitch.

Looks like cold showers for the next few days, unless we really wanna fork over more than double per hour to have someone come out right now. (We're opting for the cold showers, or really more opting for pity from my next door neighbor who happens to be my dad.)



---
*Censored for P'nut. :)

5 comments:

Spider Walk said...

That reminds me of the year we went out of town for Christmas and returned later that night to find our furnace wasn't working---and it was -10 degress out. It was a NIGHTMARE!!

I can do without a lot of things, but HOT WATER and HEAT aren't two of them!

Can't you just use your dads shower?

Elsa said...

My DVR/Cable Box just froze up on me Friday, but at least the guy will be here later today to fix or replace. I thought I'd have to wait longer since it was a holiday weekend. But I can't believe I missed a really good Red Sox game last night - David Ortiz had 2 homeruns and so did Manny. Oh well, at least they won, even if I wasn't watching.

Good luck with the cold showers. At least it's not winter weather outside - cold showers when it's freezing out - yuck!

P'nut said...

GAH. Cold showers suck it! Your bravey & financial efficiency astounds me!

Oh, and thanks for censoring yourself!

Anonymous said...

Ick! Sorry about the icy water. Good thing you have a neighbor who's guaranteed to be sympathetic. Still, there's also washing dishes, and your hands, etc. and you don't want to do all that in cold water either.

Maman said...

sounds like you are getting ready to live like we have been around here, where we have hot water but not drainage in the upstairs bathroom... Everyone loves a spongebath, right? Hang in there!