Sunday, July 23, 2006

Oddity.

It has occurred more than once that folks think I do opium just because my pseudonym is Poppy. Anyone who actually pays any attention knows that I just like the flower itself. I've never done any drugs at all, aside from ones prescribed for medical conditions, but people continue to make flippant comments that I am an evil drug user who is trying to corrupt others with my druggy ways. Um. Yah, farthest from the truth. I don't want to start an Internets war by giving specifics, but let's try getting to know people before insulting them, eh?

5 comments:

Avitable said...

You mean you're not an evil drug user who is trying to corrupt others with your druggy ways? Damn!

LushlyMe said...

I understand completely... I have gotten the odd comment here and there from those who believe my name indicates that I am an alcoholic...

don't call me MA'AM said...

Are you freaking kidding me? Some people have entirely too much time on their hands.

Joanne said...

I think there's a whole theory (or maybe I have a theory) about people who assume things based on their own frame of reference. So those who assume that your name is a reference to drugs it is because that's their thing. I naturally assumed the flower because duh, poppy seeds... poppy cedes.

Nessa said...

Oh, man and I was hoping to score. Idiots.