Monday, July 31, 2006

Double-meme gum

Avi wants me to do this meme, but I want to do the other one, so I'll compromise and do both.

Meme 1: Things you don't usually tell anyone . . . (the one I want to do)

...a strange combination of food you like to snack on.

Fat free cottage cheese with steak sauce or Worcestershire sauce. NUM!!!!!

...something you do that other bloggers who read you might find odd if they saw you doing it.

Swear a string of obscenities so long that Hay blushes and asks me to stop.

...when you were 7, what you wanted to be when you grew up - that you never told anyone about.

A veterinarian. Or a brain surgeon. Or a teacher. Or an astronaut. Or unemployed, because that sounds really super fun. The ones I told people about are the ones I'd actually be good at.

...the thing you don't tell people at work about yourself.

The address or name of my blog.

...what you like to do when no one else is going to be home for a stretch of time.

Wear minimal clothing, get a nice big glass of (whatever I felt like) and some sort of cheese product and watch horror movies, one after the other after the other after the other after the other after the other.

...the thing you believe - politically - that you don't admit to people who think you think like they do.

I don't believe in voting for my local politicians other than the governor, senators, and congressmen because I don't know or care who the other people are. And even those people are voted in by me based on their popularity. Yes, with me it really is a popularity contest.

...that one thing from your childhood, outside of your parents, that you try to maintain some kind of connection with, and how.

My love of animals.

...a song or group or singer you secretly like that everyone else groans about.

The “had a bad day” song from American Idol when the contestants get voted off. Poor Hay has to listen to me sing it at the top of my lungs.

...do you close the bathroom door when you're the only one home?

Sometimes, but generally not.




Meme 2: Have you . . . (the one Avi is forcing me to do...ow-ow-ow!)

(x) Smoked a cigarette
( ) Crashed a friend’s car
( ) Stolen a car
(x) Been in love
(x) Been dumped
(x) Shoplifted
( ) Been fired
(sort of) Been in a fist fight
(x) Snuck out of your parent’s house
(x) Had feelings for someone who didn’t have them back
( ) Been arrested
( ) Gone on a blind date
(x) Lied to a friend
( ) Skipped school
(yes to animals) Seen someone die
(x) Been to Canada
( ) Been to Mexico
(x) Been on a plane
(by mistake) Set a part of yourself on fire
(x) Been skiing
(x) Met someone from the Internet
(x) Been to a concert
(x) Taken painkillers
(x) Love someone or miss someone right now
(x) Laid on your back and watched cloud shapes go by
(x) Made a snow angel
(x) Had a tea party, pretend or otherwise
(x) Flown a kite
(x) Built a sand castle
(x) Gone puddle jumping
(x) Played dress up
(x) Jumped into a pile of leaves
(x) Gone sledding
(x) Cheated while playing a game
(x) Been lonely
( ) Fallen asleep at work/school
( ) Used a fake ID
(x) Watched the sun set
(x) Felt an earthquake
(x) Slept beneath the stars
(x) Been tickled
(x) Been robbed
(x) Been misunderstood
(x) Petted a reindeer/goat/kangaroo OR jackalope
(x) Won a contest
(In front of a cop, no less -- oops!) Run a red light/stop sign.
( ) Been suspended from school
(xxxxxx) Been in a car crash?
(x) Had braces
(x) Felt like an outcast/third person?
(x) Eaten a whole pint of ice cream in one night
(x) Had deja vu
(x) Had deja vu (Avi added this one)
( ) Danced in the moonlight
(x) Liked the way you looked
(x) Witnessed a crime - witnessed, perpetrated, whatever.
(x) Questioned your heart
( ) Been obsessed with post-it notes
(x) Squished mud through your bare feet.
(x) Been lost
(x) Been on the opposite side of the country
(x) Swam in the ocean
(x) Felt like dying
(x) Cried yourself to sleep.
(x) Played cops and robbers
(x) Recently colored with crayons
( ) Sang karaoke
( ) Paid for a meal with only coins - I was such an asshole in high school.
(x) Done something you told yourself you wouldn’t.
(x) Made prank phone calls.
(x) Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose?
(x) Caught a snowflake on your tongue
(x) Danced in the rain.
(x) Written a letter to Santa Claus
(x) Been kissed under the mistletoe.
( ) Watched the sun rise with someone you care about. (Sun set, yes.)
(x) Blown bubbles.
(x) Made a bonfire on the beach, at the lake?
( ) Crashed a party
(x) Gone roller-skating
(x) Had a wish come true
( ) Jumped off a bridge

1. What time is it? 12:06 pm EST

2. What is your name? Nice try, Avi

3. Any nick names? Poppy, among others

4. Mother’s name? Mom (duh)

5. Dr. Pepper or whiskey? Neither. Water or fountain soda Coke/Pepsi

6. Body piercing? Pierced ears but I don't use them.

7. How much do you love your job? I honestly hate what I do.

8. Favorite vacation spot? York Beach, Maine (and the surrounding areas of Kittery, Ogunquit, York, etc.)

10. Ever been to Africa? No

11. Ever steal any traffic signs? No

12. Ever been in a car accident? Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes

13. A, B, C, D, DD cup size? I'm now a firm C instead of a large C small D thanks to some sort of miraculous weight loss that happened because I told my body to do it.

14. 2 Door or 4 Door? 4-door

15. Favorite pie? Chocolate Creme, duh!

16. Favorite number? 4

17. Favorite movie? I can't pick just one.

18. Favorite holiday? Christmas and my birthday tie.

19. Favorite food? Tacos! and my homemade mac and cheese.

20. Favorite day of the week? Saturday

21. Favorite brand of body soap? Ivory (cuz I'm not allergic to it)

22. Favorite TV show? Dead Like Me (*sniffle*)

23. Toothpaste? Crest with Scope.

24. Favorite smell? the ocean

25. What do you do to relax? Take a hot bath.

26. Message to your friends reading this? ... Yah, hi!

28. What do you do when you are bored? Apparently I study when I'm borrowed. Oh, no no no. I watch movies and TV, or I cook, or I shop, or I pester Hay or the kitties.

29. What do you enjoy receiving? I'll go with Avi and Lisa's answer: Oral sex. Avi's answer, too: I also like getting packages in the mail. And, my answer: PRESENTS.

30. Furthest place you will send this message? The Internetses is pretty durn far...

31. Who will respond the fastest? AVI! (he already did it)

32. Least likely to respond? If I knew then it would take me a while to find out, now wouldn't it...

33. Who's the best Avitable? That would be Avi.

1 comment:

Avitable said...

That was well-done meme-age. But since you didn't answer all questions, I'll have to give you an F-plus.