Wednesday, May 31, 2006

About blocking

A lot of my favorite bloggers have recently run into the problem of their internet providers cutting off access to their blog pages. Generally this happens only for people at work who are able to update in the wee morning or late at night from their home ISP.

But, let's say you're a student. And you're trapped at a school that blocks your website. And your myspace page. And you can't do one gd thing about it. Well, your name would be LA. That's right, gossip hounds, Junk Feud is BACK. Again. For real. For now. Until LA goes back to school where it's all blocked again.


My work does not restrict any pages except those that are deemed to be part of phishing scams or bot networks. I will never want for bandwidth that I cannot have. Therefore, it makes me sad that so many of you are being restricted. It makes me want to cry a little. I can't believe I even had the intuition to visit LA's site again, but I couldn't be happier that one blogger has (temporarily) overcome her obstacles to get back to what she does best - gossip. Ginormous hugs to LA. We all missed you so much we almost could not stand it. Welcome back, Sweetie. :)

5 comments:

don't call me MA'AM said...

I had almost given up all hope. LA was my first blog experience. So glad she's back!

Mel said...

Aw man! Junk Feud is blocked for ME at work! :(

Avitable said...

Simple solution. Go to Google's translating page, and have it translate a page into English, and you can surf any page through that method.

I'm on the other side of the fence, though. My employees love to use Myspace and AIM all day long, so I'm thinking about blocking those IPs completely. Is that cruel?

P'nut said...

Yay! I'm so happy! My Junk Fued addiction can resume! Thanks for bringing the good news, Poppy!

And shame on all the bad peeps who said rude & ridiculous things in LA's comments section while she was gone.

NotCarrie said...

I'm thankful I haven't been blocked and am glad to see some people getting around it.