Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I'm just askin’

I don't know anyone who did this *eyes up, to the left, then down* but I'm curious what your thoughts are about someone finally winning her disability from the state and receiving a lump sum for the disability she missed out on for the year she was fighting for it, so then she bought herself a flat screen TV with the lump sum. Is that right? Is that okay? I'm trying to accept it, because it currently goes against my right v. wrongedness. IMHO, better uses for the money: the bank, to pay off debt accrued while fighting for the money, charity, food and necessities.

Okay, now that you've formulated your opinion, what happens to it when I tell you that “she” is a girl, not a woman, and that her parents let her do this so that there is now a new TV in the living room? Yah, this is really hard for me. Difficult for me to not look totally shocked when I found this out. Err. I mean, when I thought it up! Right!

7 comments:

P'nut said...

< blink blink > ........... Soooo many people deserve a slap in this scenario.

NotCarrie said...

That's annoying!

PosterNutbag said...

people make interesting life decisions. i'll never begin to understand.

Nessa said...

Did you do this? Huh, come on admit it, it was you, wasn't it?

Avitable said...

If there are other bills that should have been paid and couldn't be paid because the person was on disability, then it seems ridiculous.

However, if the person on disability managed to keep her head above water while waiting for a payment that never came, and now that it came, she's spluring a bit, that can be okay in certain situations.

Elizabeth Tarney said...

The money should have been spent to pay her medical bills or, in the case of a minor, put it away in savings towards college or future medical treatments. The parents did her no favors. Selfish, selfish people.

I'm an HR pro, so this type of stuff drives me bananas.

Poppy said...

I'm very disappointed about this decision, especially considering it's within my own family. I don't feel that I have any say in the situation, especially since it's already passed, but this family is always struggling with money so I really question their decision. It's... as I said, disappointing.