Sunday, May 21, 2006

Porch party recap

The porch party was a great success. It's actually the first party I've ever hosted with my new life philosophy: I told myself before the party that there was nothing to be anxious about, that I should just enjoy myself and everyone's company. I just didn't get anxious when at 10 minutes after 2:00pm with no one having shown up yet Hay and I realized that the chocolate fountain was too loud to use during the party so we had to swap out to the fondue pot. I didn't freak out about putting all the food out, didn't fidget with it until everything was “perfect”, just threw it on the table and moved to the next task. I didn't freak out at the very fact that no one had shown up at the start time of the party, and tried my best to convince Hay of the same. I didn't lose my cool when my niece insulted my uncle to his face by telling him she didn't want him at the party because he's difficult to get along with. (Yah, that was interesting, I was actually quite smooth in loudly exclaiming my affection for my uncle, that he's a really cool guy, and that my niece is also difficult to get along with so fair is fair.) I didn't break down when I realized people had left the party but I didn't get to say goodbye to them, let alone talk with them much. (Busy party. Lots of people roaming around two floors and on our porch. You get the picture.) I thoroughly enjoyed my party because I chose not to let anything get to me. Best party ever, 10 out of 10. I wish you could have been there with me to enjoy it.

Cake! The bakery lady asked me thrice to repeat what I wanted written on there...


The “lite fare” selections


Chocolate fondue!


A close-up of the chocolate


Everyone loved S's funky shoes


Happy baby!


The kiddos playing in our ditch puddles


The leftover cake

~the end~

10 comments:

Nessa said...

Looks great. Glad you had an anxiety free party. Families are soooo much fun.

bdogg_mcgee said...

Yay! I'm so glad it went well!

Wish I could have been there....

acw said...

Mmmmm...fondue.... aaaggghhhh....

melissa said...

Oh!!! That fondue looks so good. Glad you had a good time!

jules said...

Mmmmmm ... that fondue looks awesome!

don't call me MA'AM said...

Yay! I want to have a porch party now. But, alas, my porch is only about 5 feet across. Maybe 4.

Elsa said...

I'm glad you had a good time at your party. Sounds like it was fun. And I wish I was there to partake in the cake and fondue - mmmm.

BTW, I like S's shoes - very cool!

P'nut said...

Yippee! I'm so happy you had a good time and didn't stress! The 'lighter fare' table looked yummy, btw!

Bearette said...

mmmm. cake :)

Poppy said...

Thanks, everybody.

Nabs, I didn't ask where the shoes were from, sorry. :(