Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Specialities

Hay would like me to submit some of my photos to our local fair's art exhibit. I'm looking into that.

Last night I spent 20 minutes trying to get the perfect picture of a common blue butterfly and when I had lost all hope she sat down on the ground and spread her wings for me.





It was truly a special moment. I did let her lick my hand for a good ten minutes before that, and she must have sensed my sadness at not having captured the very perfect picture of her, so she wanted to make me happy.

One of my co-workers is a farmer. She spends the morning tending to her animals, then comes in at around 11:00am to work until about 7:00pm. It's nice that my employer allows her to be flexible with her schedule like that. Sometimes her animals get loose and she has to leave at a moment's notice. She never gets in trouble for this, just makes up the time as she can. The reason I'm telling you all this is because I can always tell when she arrives. It's not because I hear her voice or the jingling of her keys. It's her scent. She always wears this wonderful perfume that is the essence of a springtime garden. I love the scent of it wafting into my office, love how it always puts a smile on my face.

What's putting a smile on your face today, bloggies and -ers?*



---
*(Je vous promets, I am not related to Mr. Rogers, just having a good day despite the early morning disasters which are not worth mentioning.)

3 comments:

Nessa said...

I thought you were going to mention a different scent. We had a receptionist once who had horses. She often came to work in her mucking galoshes. That was lovely *holds nose*

The butterfly is so pretty. I like butterflies.

You should submit a photo.

P'nut said...

That is NOT a common blue butterfly. That is a spectacularly beautiful blue butterfly! Gorgeous. I adore b'flies but so rarely see them here in the big city. I'm hoping to go to a Butterfly Conservatory this summer with my family, I'm so excited I can't wait!

Any quiet moment with them is special and I'm so elated you were able to share time with one, and then share the experience with us!

I hope you decide to submit some photos, and of course tell us all about it.

Molly said...

Those photos are awesome, that blue butterfly is gorgeous!