Wednesday, May 24, 2006

$100 laptop prototype

Really. For reals, yo.



The first $100 laptop prototype, running Fedora Linux as its OS. A laptop for every child can become a reality, and we can all become the zoned out robots we knew we had the potential to be! W00t!



(That second photo actually shows the Fedora OS, which is why I am posting it even though it's very similar to the first pic. I wonder how customizable the hardware of the machines will be...)

Thanks to Pete Barr-Watson for revealing the machine to the world.

3 comments:

Nessa said...

I want a green one. DID YOU HEAR ME? I WANT A GREEN ONE. Oh, sorry, I guess that wasn't appropriate.

Elsa said...

Very cool!!

Avitable said...

I don't think they're very customizable at all. They're very bare bones - enough to surf, type, and email, and that's about it.