Tuesday, May 02, 2006

American Idol *****spoiler alert******

I'm going to talk about tonight's American Idol, which hasn't happened yet. If you look below you're going to find out information about the performances tonight. If you don't want to know what will happen I suggest you stop reading.














Spoiler 1.
I'm intrigued by Katharine McPhee's song choice KT Tunstall for tonight. She has chosen to sing Black Horse and Cherry Tree (KT Tunstall). I've not heard of Ms. Tunstall before, but she has 36,000+ friends on MySpace, so someone has obviously caught on to her music. The Black Horse... song is available on her MySpace page, but I think perhaps it has too many woohoos in it, and she should have chosen Suddenly I See, the song that starts playing on her MySpace page (for now, at least) when you arrive.

Update: What'd I say about the woohoos? And, being on the floor? Schtoopid. KT's version is definitely better. Katharine did not pull off the flirty sex appeal, à mon avis. Nope. It was more about the guys playing percussion.



Spoiler 2.
Play that funky music white boy
Play that funky music right
Play that funky music white boy
Lay down that boogie and play that funky music till you die…
(hey,hey) till you die…yeah, yeah

Guess who is singing this. Taylor. I think this is an extremely awkward song choice for him. It might send him home. Then again, MJ won't absolutely vouch for the validity of this spoiler. Let's hope it's a rumor. Although, I'd love to see him sing it just to watch him hop around like he does. :)

Update: Hay and I laughed hysterically when Taylor fell to the floor for the “till you die” lyric. Hay's voting Taylor all the way through to the end. *sigh* :)

No comments: