Thursday, May 25, 2006

And the winner is....

I loved the Idol show from last night! Of course, for whatever reason, both Hay and I fell asleep as soon as we got home at ~6:00pm and then woke up at 9:00pm to move from our couches to the bedroom so that we could sleep in until 8:00am this morning. Clearly I didn't get to watch the show live so I didn't dare to look at any news sites or watch any television before I watched the show first thing this morning.

I loved the awards and all the songs, so much better than any of the other years when the show was mostly just fluff about the two contestants for almost two hours until Ryan gave the results. This time I felt like I had a bit of closure with the other contestants because I got to see them perform about five more times. :) I still think Chris was robbed of a title, but he'll go on to do great things. And if I don't see an album from Paris Bennett that has at least one Billie Holiday song on it I might just have to jump off a bridge.

I screamed SO LOUD when Ryan said the winner was Taylor and NOT the femmebot. Poor Allie was staring wide-eyed and terrified at me while I celebrated Soul Patrol's victory. I am very content knowing that America was with me on this one. Thanks, America. You won't vote for a president of our country but you'll vote for another pop singer to grace the stages of our local concert halls. Yip, yip! Now, let's all rally together to vote Taylor for president! I'm confident he could do a better job than the current administration. :)

1 comment:

Elsa said...

I've only seen a total of one hour of AI - ever, but it happened to be in the last couple of weeks and I was glad McPhee didn't win. There was something about her that rubbed me the wrong way. Taylor seemed kind of cool and he sang well.

And you're right about Taylor being able to do a better job than the current administration...actually, I think most people would be able to do a better job than the current administration! :)