Friday, May 05, 2006

A-s-s spells ass;* p-o-r-c-h spells PARTY!

I was not certain I would make it out of bed this morning. I did, but I'm not entirely confident it was the correct decision. I may have a cold, I may just be dehydrated, or I may have allergies to something blooming, but I feel pretty. darn. crummy this sunshiny morning.

Did I mention that Hay and I are having a porch party? And that my parents in Tennessee (previously Florida) have decided to come up with their RV and all the furry kids to help celebrate?! Je suis psyched. You're all invited, if you can figure out where I live. (MIL, it's time for you to step up your reconnaissance mission!!!!) In preparation for the party I would like you to memorize some rules: This is a family-friendly event, so please don't get drunk, please don't swear like a pirate-sailor, and please don't set things on fire. Especially the cats. Thanks. We're serving “lite” refreshments (whatever those are) and non-alcoholic bevvies. I think the party deserves a cake, too. I'm pretty giggly-excited to see what you say in the comments section about all this. :)


---
*That ; was for Stef who is teased by her friends for her perfect use of the mysterious punctuation.

Photo courtest of evite. This is the design I chose for our invitation.

8 comments:

melissa said...

Hmmm.

*puts on detective hat, lights tobacco pipe, picks up magnifying glass*

*coughing* (because I don't smoke.)

I got nothing.

I could sift through stats and get a general vicinity of your location. That would of course be if and only if you only ever access my blog from home... Crud. Methinks I'll never find it before the party. Well, that's prolly better anyway because I've got a wedding to attend... Have fun, though!!

:D

acw said...

Well, I *think* I know where you work, but I won't say, 'cause that ain't right.

Penny said...

Geeze, wish I could find ya, I'd love to not only attend your party, but also check out your gardens!

Have a great time, lady.

Nessa said...

How can you have a family party without alcohol, bad language and fires?

Elizabeth Tarney said...

I think you live approximately 3,000 miles away from me. Can I come and park myself at the cheese plate? I promise to share!

Poppy said...

*giggle* More, more! I love you guys, you crack me up. :) (:

Mel said...

I would be there in a sec!

But unfortuantely you mentioned "family-friendly". And while I could probably hold my pirate-cursing tongue, and possibly NOT get drunk, I don't think I would be able to keep my hands off the lovely Poppy's chest!

Maybe we could plan a more "adult-friendly" porch party at a later date? I would love to come visit you and Hay in the near future ;)

don't call me MA'AM said...

I would bring a baked, puff-pastry wrapped apple/brown sugar brie. And since that's cheese, you'd like it, right???

And I think I could probably track you down through Technorati and SiteMeter... and maybe a little Google Earth.