Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The new guy

Here's what happens when the new guy doesn't know his route:


(cliquez to see the full names of all the donuts that had not arrived)


NO donuts! It was 8:30am when Hay and I showed up at this local D2 on Monday. I bought an iced coffee instead. This morning I bought another iced coffee (and a donut/doughtnut) but they were out of cream so they poured those little tiny personalized real half & half thingamajigs into my coffee then told the next person they didn't have any more cream. Oops.

6 comments:

Elsa said...

I have never seen such a tragedy in my life. This is a nightmare that will probably haunt you forever...I know it would haunt me! No donuts at D2...what is the world coming to. What next - no coffee at Starbucks!?

Nessa said...

Was there a nuculear disaster? This is tragic. I can't stop the tears. I am so very sorry for your loss. I hope things improve soon.

Helen said...

There is help on the way! The one sure-fire way to be sure this never happens again is to go a shop were they actually bake their OWN donuts! Once I called Domino's for Pizza delivery and they were out of pizza! Really, that's true! I asked "what do you have?". They had some sort of garlic sticks and I think chicken wings. I ordered out for chinese!
Peace................

Newlywife said...

Honestly, is nothing sacred? If there are no donuts...the Terrorists win!

Poppy said...

Elsa - The lady behind the counter told me that her first day on the job D-squared was out of coffee. I think that poor shop is lucky it has a steady clientele à cause de its affiliation with a gas station/convenience store.

Nib - Might as well have been. Today I got my donuts, so life is much betta. :)

Helen - That's ridiculous!!!

Newlywife - Oh, you know they've won. And they ATE my donuts!

Spider Walk said...

What? No blueberry donuts?
Tragedy!!
Not even a little donut hole?
That's NOT a donut shop.
It's a NOnut shop!!