Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Roll with it, baby

I am still sad about the thing in the embarrassée post, BUT overshadowing this situation is the fact that I am excited about planning out the landscape for a particular blogger who shall remain nameless unless she prefers to be named (*cough*Stef*cough*). I already have printed out all the photos of her house and land, researched plants, trees, and shrubs for her zone, and have drawn in a plan on the printouts. It will cost her a small fortune if she goes with my plan, but I'm having SO MUCH FUN doing this that I can't help but go overboard. After my initial “money is no object” estimate I plan to create a more scaled down landscaping plan and present both to her. I might also do a middle-of-the-road version, depending on if that makes sense. I am totally changing the look of her property with my design, it's nuts. I hope she likes what I come up with, but it's more about having the freedom to go nuts with someone else's land than it is about them actually shelling out the money and taking the time to realize my plan. Maybe I should become a landscape designer! Yah... that sounds lucrative, right?

4 comments:

bdogg_mcgee said...

How fun!!!

When I finally buy a house you'll have to give me some tips as well...

P'nut said...

That's such a great thing for you to do! You must be giddy! Will you be able to show us your designs when you're done?

Stefanie said...

Hey Poppy--I'm sorry you're feeling crappy about friend stuff. I'm sure we can all relate to time periods when we've felt something similar. Meanwhile, I'm glad this little project is giving you something fun to focus on. Moreover, I'm glad it's actually FUN for you, as I feel like I'm totally taking advantage of free advice here. That's right; I'll "out" myself; I don't think it's a big deal. Poppy's helping ME come up with ways to transform my lazy, white trash yard into something hopefully much prettier, and I very much appreciate the advice. :-) (Although I can say right now that the "small fortune" part has me a little nervous!...)

Poppy said...

Stef, don't worry about the small fortune. That's for the crazy version. The normal people's version will be classy but reasonably priced. I promise!