Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Hello, world!

Man, that was nasty. I don't enjoy 24-hour bugs, they just come over, steal your food, and leave. Effers...

Last night my parents came over for dinner even though Hay and I were a bit on the suffery side of life, and we watched American Idol. My parents don't watch it so I told them about Taylor and Katharine. They appropriately booed and hissed at Kat while praising and clapping for Taylor. If America voted for Kat they're idiots. She's inconsistent, she is still praising herself for getting notes right while Taylor is just effortless in all that he does. I realize Taylor is a bit older, but consistency rules over effability factor for me. Sorry, teeny bops. Of course, I'm in the INFP minority, so I'm guessing America votes against me.

Tomorrow I am seeing Over the Hedge with my stepmom, and I tell ya I cannot wait to see it. All that I've seen about it looks hysterical. I'll let you know how it was.

My life has been really busy but not so interesting lately. I blame it on the rain (yah, I pulled a Milli Vanilli there, hehehe) and on the fact that I was trying to get all my work done before VACATION which starts at ~4:30pm today. W00T! The Go-Go's are singing quite loudly in my head right now. I haven't had a vacation since October. So, I'm due one. I know, I know, some of you crazies go years sans vacation, but you're working mules and you'll die early. There are certain things we need in life to stay alive, and healthy teeth and play time are two of those things. ;)

I am waaaaaaay behind on blogs, so please excuse me while I catch up on them after my work is done. Happy Wednesday, y'all!

PS - P'nut, I saw Brokeback Mountain and didn't think it was very good. Same thing as in The Sopranos, what gay men MASH themselves into each other like that?! They looked like they were wrestling instead of sharing intimate moments. Stupidity.

6 comments:

melissa said...

Glad you're feeling better.

Go Taylor!

Elizabeth Tarney said...

Why must Kat sit on the ground when she sings? LAME.

My fingers are crossed for Taylor!

Poppy said...

Dial Idol claims that Taylor has won. I hope they're right. I can't stand to see that femmebot win.

P'nut said...

Yes! Exactly! Thank you. I was just explaining to a coworker this week how the relationship lacked any kind of tenderness, especially in the beginning.

While I can guess it took some amount of bravery for the actors to portray their roles, I would have been a smidge more impressed if they'd been a little less rough with one another in the moments that were supposed to convey their love for each other.

Oh, and I hope Taylor Hicks wins AI, too.

Elsa said...

Have a great vacation!

I agree with you and p'nut. Dick and I saw Brokeback Mountain when it was in theatres and I was disappointed. I thought the relationship was too quick - it lacked depth/emotion. I didn't think it was as good as the critics made it out to be. And I thought it was a bit on the long side...basically, it got a little boring.

Nessa said...

Wow, some other people who also think BBM wasn't a very good movie.