Thursday, May 11, 2006

Poppea!

I ate a bag of popcorn as a snack* before heading home because I knew it would be several hours before dinner and didn't want to get low blood sugar. About a half hour after I ate the snack it was time to go home with Hay. As I was waiting outside for him my mind decided to wonder why there weren't other vegetables that could be popped. And, of course my mind thought of peas, which I hate, but pop-pea sounds like Poppy so I'm sure that's why my brain chose it. Imagine a dried out pea placed in a scorching hot pan. What would it do? Would it become poppea like its friend corn becomes popcorn, or would it just explode into bits and pieces and be disgusting? I don't own any dried peas to test this, but I see no evidence of anyone having mentioned poppea on the Internets before me (Poppea capitalized is a different matter...) so I'm claiming it as mine! All mine!!! Muhahaha! Except I hate peas, and I haven't tested to see the results yet, so what does that get me, exactly? Hmm.

---
*This snack rules. Only 100 calories in each entire bag!

2 comments:

Nessa said...

This looks good.

Poppy said...

It totally is, and good for you! Bonus!