Thursday, May 04, 2006

Eating disorders and such

If you're interested at all in Nicole Richie's Vanity Fair article where she comes clean about her weight loss (or, at least two-thirds clean) go visit Perez. I commend her for admiting she is not a role model at this point. She is too thin. I kept seeing photos of her and worrying that she would die in her sleep. I was troubled by this so much that I stopped looking at photos of her. I really hope she is successful at gaining some weight back. She deserves to be healthy and live a clean lifestyle just like any other recovering [insert-your-favorite-vice-here]addict. I'm not going to link the image so that I don't have the image police knocking at my door, but she looks a bit better now, a little tiny bit of meat on her belly. I'm pleasantly happy and not surprised to find out that Nicole did nothing to Paris to warrant this made-up “feud”. Friendships sometimes just end, especially if one person is trying to recover from a party lifestyle while the other person continues that behavior. *stepping down from soapbox*

I had an eating disorder in my teens and early twenties, so even if I don't like anything else about a person I just have to relate to that part of them. That's that.

4 comments:

Nessa said...

I always liked Nicole better than Paris.

Paris looks like she barely has a pulse or a brain cell.

Spider Walk said...

I can relate to eating disorders too. I really struggled with them until I was in my late 20's. To the outside world they are so misunderstood -- I guess it's something you have to have gone through yourself to truly understand. I applaud her for coming clean.

Elizabeth Tarney said...

I love that Nicole and am glad she is getting help.

It's so hard in this day and age, not to have body image issues...especially considering we compare ourselves to the professionally made-up, airbrushed, digitally and cosmetically enhanced people we see in the magazines and on TV.

Mel said...

Now, this is celebrity news that I CAN tolerate.

If anything, Nicole IS a role model. I can count the amount of times that celebrities have admited their wrongdoing on one hand. She is a strong woman, and is starting to prove that she is an intelligent, mature person.