Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Hafta

This morning in the shower I was thinking about my friend C. Because she lives downtown I then thought of J who I used to work with at my last job who also lives downtown. She got fired from that job on her birthday because the owner didn't like her. (Ain't that a kick in the pants?!) Then, I thought of my friend who is no longer my friend who I used to work with at the last job with J. I suddenly became possessed with a hormonal rage which instructed me to hurry up and get out of the shower, get dressed, then go downstairs and remove her from my email address book. So, that's what I did. I left her husband in there, but she is now gone. What am I, twelve?

3 comments:

Elizabeth Tarney said...

You know, I had a friend like that. She invited me to do a reading in her second wedding. I flew to Las Vegas, put myself up in a hotel room and when I showed up the day of the wedding she put me to work building the arch she was to be married under, wrapping the stairwells in tulle, setting out the chairs, PAINTING HER TOENAILS, etc, all while her maid-of-honor sat yapping on her cell phone. I, of course, was happy to do anything for my friend. However at the end of the day, there was no thank you from Ms. Bridey. The maid-of-honor got a Thank you card AND bracelet. Weeks went by and no thank you card or even acknowledgement came in the mail, on email, or over the phone. Then my birthday passed, without so much as a well wish.

Well, I forgot to send her a wedding present and then I forgot to not delete her from my address book and then I forgot that we were ever friends. We might be twelve years old, but the behavior exhibited by people like your "friend" and Ms. Bridey totally warrants it.

Bella said...

LOL. That sounds like something Nabbalicious would do. She's funny like that.

Recently, a friend of mine had the same problem with me. Yes me. I didn't respond to him for a while and he got upset. The truth is, I was dealing with a close family death and I just didn't have the energy to talk to anyone or anything.

So, I am guilty of ignoring my friends on occasions but I eventually realize it and apologize for it.

Anonymous said...

It's an act of passive aggression which I believe to be very "Adult"....The 12yr thing to do would be to spread rumors about her!